Executive Search: General Manager at Westmoor Country Club
- June 19, 2020
- Executive Search, Governance, Placement
WESTMOOR COUNTRY CLUB
Westmoor Country Club is a private, family-oriented club dedicated to member satisfaction through superior service and quality facilities. Edwin H. Brown, who originally suggested the concept of a new golf club, and Walter W. Hiller, Westmoor’s first president, would be filled with pride to see how far Westmoor has advanced from its beginning. Throughout Westmoor’s history our goal has been to provide the finest facilities and amenities devoted to family, fellowship and sport in the Midwest. Westmoor is a special place for special people.
Westmoor is recognized as one of the premiere private country clubs in the nation. Members enjoy a recently renovated, breathtaking 18-hole golf course; a Little Links Executive Course; an Olympic size swimming pool; five tennis courts (including 2 clay and 3 hard courts); elegantly appointed dining, meeting and private party rooms; picturesque outdoor surroundings; world class cuisine; and endless variety of exciting events and more. Enhancing each Westmoor experience is a staff of caring, knowledgeable, professional people. From the head golf pro to the executive chef, and from the caddies to the wait staff, our personnel are committed to making the time you spend at Westmoor as rewarding, memorable, fun and exciting as possible.
Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield, WI is seeking a General Manager to manage and direct all operations for this club of 525 members. At Westmoor, our purpose speaks to creating extraordinary experiences and forging emotional connections with our employees, members and guests. Our seasoned leaders are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit that serves our members well. We seek a highly motivated leader to assist this team in updating services and facilities with a focus on taking the Club to the next level. The General Manager at Westmoor should possess strong initiative and the ability to work cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks.
The General Manager leads and directs overall Club operations, which includes active golf of 350 members, and Social, Swim and Tennis members of 175, through maintaining quality standards, maximizing operational efficiencies, continuous improvement, developing and retaining employees, and exceeding member expectations.
- Lead and oversee a staff of 8 direct report leaders, 60 employees, and 125+ seasonal workers.
- Direct all departments to include golf, food and beverage, pool, tennis, and grounds.
- Works cross-functionally with internal and member-driven committees to create and execute programming, marketing plans, sales, and pricing strategies.
- Execute our high standards of excellence through clearly communicated goals and accountability.
- Create and execute short term and long term operational and financial plans for the Club.
- Responsible for the selection, development, leadership, and retention of talented staff.
- Monitor forecast and results on a daily/weekly basis and adjust as needed to achieve targets.
- Ensure proper controls are in place and being followed to accurately track revenues, payroll, inventory, and expenses.
- Work to update and enhance facilities through budgeting and external consultation.
- Ensure staff is providing exemplary member/guest service.
- Administer and review guest and member surveys and feedback and determine appropriate plans of action.
- He/she will be genuinely people-oriented, “visible”, readily accessible, and responsive to the membership.
More About Westmoor Country Club:
- 525 Members
- $7M Gross Volume
- $4M Annual Dues
- $1.5M F&B Volume
Given the active role this individual will be expected to play in the maintaining the standards of excellence of the Club, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in a private club or hospitality operations with similar characteristics.
- A dynamic leader with the ability to build strong teams by motivation and lead by example. Has the ability to provide direction, expectations, performance feedback, and recognition that leads to positive outcomes.
- Strong professional deportment with a clear commitment to member service through an open and transparent member/customer approach.
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen with the ability to “grow the membership” through traditional and innovative sales and marketing techniques.
- A definite business presence complemented with personal drive, resourcefulness, maturity and sound business judgment, with integrity and ethical conduct in words and deeds.
- An innovative and decisive professional who possesses a positive demeanor.
- A strong boating background, preferably with an excellent profile in the club industry.
- Ascending talent who have exemplified progressive growth through mentorship, results-oriented work style combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills will also be considered.
- Proficient in the use of current administrative technology tools (such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, etc.); one who recognizes and pursues opportunities to use technology to enhance service delivery and more effectively lead, manage, and monitor Club operations.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required. The position is currently available.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package, including Club Management Association of America (CMAA) dues and education, a comprehensive medical insurance program according to Club policy, 401k program with employer matching contribution, vacation, and professional development.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Wednesday, July 1, 2020, and if possible, sooner.
Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Westmoor GM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Westmoor GM Resume”) respectively to: email@example.com.
GGA Partners ™
For more information on the Westmoor Country Club: www.westmoor.org