Executive Search: GM/COO at Lambton Golf & Country Club
- August 13, 2020
- Latest News, Placement, Governance, Executive Search
GENERAL MANAGER/CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
The Lambton Golf and Country Club (“Lambton” or the “Club”) is a private, member-owned club which was founded in 1902, and is considered one of the premier Golf and Country Clubs in Canada. Lambton is a year-round club with golf running from April through November, both summer and winter tennis and an extensive year-round social, dining and events calendar. Rooted in a storied and rich tradition, Lambton has become one of the fastest growing progressive, family oriented private country clubs in the greater Toronto area. Geographically, it is one of the closest golf and country clubs in proximity to downtown Toronto. Our membership, which is very diverse and in many cases multi-generational, enjoys Lambton as a “home away from home”, consisting of warm and caring friendships that last a lifetime. These relationships are the hallmark of our wonderful Club.
Lambton is home to an 18-hole Championship Golf Course, a 9-hole par 31 Valley Course and full golf practice facilities. Both courses were completely redesigned in 2010 by Rees Jones, one of the world’s premier golf course architects with a particular recognition as a US Open site designer. Lambton has a beautifully designed clubhouse that was completed in 2000, and which has undergone consistent improvements since to accommodate a growing membership. The Club also has 5 Har-Tru tennis courts which were also completed in 2010. The success of the Club’s membership attraction program over the last several years along with sound financial management have permitted the Club to completely rejuvenate its principle assets over the last 20 years while maintaining a strong and flexible financial position. Strategically, the Club is well positioned for its next phase of growth.
Lambton has a very full and active membership which embraces the exciting and fun-filled menu of golf, tennis, dining, live entertainment and a diverse social calendar of events including Member-Member and Member-Guest Tournaments, couples golf, tennis ladders and seasonal parties for the enjoyment of its Members, their families and their guests.
The General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (“GM/COO”) is the leader of Lambton’s management team, and is responsible for managing all facets of the Club’s operations. The GM/COO manages the affairs, and directs the employees of the Club subject to and in accordance with the direction of the Board of Governors (the “Board”) acting through the President, who exercises supervisory authority over the GM/COO. The GM/COO attends all meetings of the Board and is an ex-officio member (i.e. non-voting member of) all Board committees.
The GM/COO will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and delivering a consistently excellent member experience commensurate with specified member expectations and in keeping with a premier Tier 1 private golf and country club.
- Properly managing all aspects of the Club’s activities to ensure and maintain the highest standards and quality of activities and services provided by the Club and to ensure a high level of member satisfaction.
- Developing and implementing best-in-class and industry leading operating policies, programs, procedures and methods and directing the work and promoting the development of all department managers.
- Monitoring long and short-term financial objectives and reporting and, in consultation with the Board, Finance Committee and Director of Finance and Administration, preparing and executing the financial plan for the Club, as follows: (i) develops annual operating, cash, and capital budgets; (ii) monitoring monthly budget and other financial information; (iii) initiating effective corrective action as required; (iv) approving invoices and other arrangements before inception or payment; and (v) preparing and making financial reports to the Board.
- Establishing personnel policies, initiating and monitoring policies relating to personnel actions, and overseeing training and professional development programs. Acting as a mentor to Direct Reports.
- Coordinating the development of the Club’s long-range strategic and annual tactical plans consistent with the Club’s long-term strategic direction.
- Welcoming new club members, and “meeting and greeting” all club members as practical during their visits to the Club. Coordinating the marketing and member relations program to promote the Club’s services and facilities to present to potential members. Developing ongoing dialogue and rapport with members and being present at all major Club functions.
- Incorporating succession planning by preparing staff for key leadership roles.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory matters affecting the Club.
Clubhouse Manager; Executive Chef; Director of Finance and Administration; Membership Administrator; Director of Golf; Golf Course Superintendent; Director of Tennis; Administrative Assistant; and Property Manager.
The GM/COO reports to the Board of Governors acting through the President. Given the leading role this individual will play in achieving the strategic and business objectives of Lambton, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
- A dynamic leader with the ability to build strong teams by motivating staff and leading by example. Has the ability to provide direction and expectations, performance feedback and recognition that leads to positive outcomes to enhance Member experiences through inspiring department managers and employees. Exhibits leadership skills in team building, employee motivation and service training and is respectful and professional in all interpersonal dealings.
Standard of Care:
- Thorough understanding of and capacity to consistently deliver exceptional standards of service commensurate with a Tier 1 golf and country club.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards for all facilities, services and communications.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical conduct in words and deeds; embodies the characteristics of a successful GM/COO through honesty, straightforwardness, accountability, leadership, and dedication.
- A self-starter with a results-oriented work style combined with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated with all the Club’s stakeholders.
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to interact with the membership.
- A confident, diplomatic and competent professional who is a “doer” and a take charge person who recognizes the importance of accountability.
- Strong professional deportment with a clear commitment to member service through an open and transparent member approach.
- An entrepreneurial style combined with a background in all aspects of business management including business development, finance, information technology, human resources, risk management and performance management.
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
- Experience managing complex capital projects.
- Direct experience with golf, tennis and food and beverage businesses.
- Incorporates succession planning by preparing staff for key leadership roles.
- A post-secondary degree in business or a related discipline is preferred.
Experience and Accreditation:
- Previous experience as a senior leader at a private golf and country club or other similar top tier golf facility, with a passion and understanding of what it means to have a premium country club experience.
- Experience in the hospitality industry beneficial.
- Experience reporting to a Board that has adopted a club governance structure and processes to lead the Club and GM/COO to success.
- A Certified Club Manager designation (CCM) is preferred.
The position is currently vacant.
The Club will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary and benefits. The GM/COO also participates in the Club’s performance bonus award program.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Monday, August 31, 2020. Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Lambton Resume” and “Last Name, First Name, Lambton Cover Letter”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
George Pinches, Director
Michael Gregory, Partner
For more information on Lambton Golf & Country Club please visit www.lambtongolf.com.