Executive Search: General Manager at Granite Golf Club
- November 6, 2019
- Governance, Latest News, Placement
GRANITE GOLF CLUB
Granite Golf Club:
Granite Golf Club is an exclusive 18-hole championship private golf course complete with practice academy, located in the Stouffville area, just thirty minutes from Toronto. Built in 2000, the golf course and clubhouse offer the finest facilities and uncompromising service to our discerning membership. We offer the best elements of a family golf and social club through varied programs and amenities.
Reporting to the Club President and Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for leading and directing all long-term and day-to-day activities associated with the Club, including creating a member-focused environment by building and maintaining relationships with members, guests, employees and the Board of Directors.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Work with the Board in the execution of the Strategic Plan, from the Strategic Plan, construct a Business Plan and a Marketing Plan that drives Club revenues and achieves the agreed upon financial results.
- Effectively manage and oversee Club Operations. Senior Managers who report directly to the GM and are responsible for the day-to-day activities and processes. Although the GM will rely on the Senior Managers to operate the daily activities, the GM will be ultimately responsible for overall performance metrics and service.
- Develop and implement an effective sales and marketing strategy to increase membership and awareness of Granite Golf Club
- Promote Granite Golf Club within the local community and support our valued relationship with the Granite Club
- Design, implement and maintain operating policies and procedures that align and support the Club’s policies as defined by the Board of Directors
- Conduct an ongoing evaluation of Club programs and events to ensure the consistent provision of outstanding services to meet the needs and expectations of members, guests, and employees
- Represent the Club to members, staff and external agencies. The GM is engaged in new member recruitment and onboarding.
- Manage the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the annual operating and capital budgets and the Club’s overall financial results
- Maintain effective communication with the Board on Club operations, financial reports, risk analysis, compliance, asset management, membership initiatives and capital projects
Given the leading role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the Club, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
- A dynamic leader with the ability to build strong teams by motivation and lead by example. Has the ability to provide direction and expectations, performance feedback and recognition that leads to positive outcomes;
- A post-secondary degree in business or a related discipline is required;
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience operating at a senior level in a private golf club or other similar athletic/social facility;
- Strong professional deportment with a clear commitment to member service through an open and transparent member/customer approach;
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen with the ability to “grow the membership” through traditional and innovative sales and marketing techniques;
- A definite business presence complemented with personal drive, resourcefulness, maturity and sound business judgment, with integrity and ethical conduct in words and deeds;
- A self-starter approach, results oriented work style combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- An innovative and decisive professional who possesses a positive demeanor;
- Experience reporting to a Board that has adopted a club governance structure and processes to lead the Club and GM to collaborative success;
- A strong golf background, preferably with an excellent profile in the golf industry.
The position becomes vacant on November 15, 2019.
The Club will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary and benefits.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Sunday, November 17, 2019. Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Granite Resume” and “Last Name, First Name, Granite Cover Letter”) respectively to: email@example.com.
Global Golf Advisors Inc.
For more information on Granite Golf Club: www.granitegolfclub.ca