Last updated February 14, 2023
How we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information directly from you when you interact with our Sites, Services, or communicate with us. We may also collect your personal information from our third party partners and/or service providers. The personal information we collect about you may include, but is not limited to:
- contact information, such as your mailing address, telephone number(s), and email address(es),
- demographic information, such as your age, gender, household income, net worth, marital status, and occupation,
- information you provide about your family members, including their names, ages, and genders,
- membership information and preferences, including information about the club(s) that you belong to and your recreational, dining, and spending preferences, patterns, and other habits,
- information we generate about you, including those related to your use of your club’s facilities and services,
- account registration information, such as your username, password, and password hints and security questions,
- device and connection information, such as cookies and other tracking information, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, language, and website or other platform access times,
- information relevant to job applications, such as work and education history, specialized knowledge, and any other information provided as part of the application process, and
- any other personal information for which we may obtain your consent from time to time.
In addition, the information we collect from third party partners and service providers may also include information concerning our Sites, analytics, marketing, and related information. We may collect information about how you interact with our third party partners and service providers, in addition to how you interact with our websites and platforms.
Our platforms and services are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information of children under the age of 14 without permission from a parent or guardian.
How we use personal information
We use personal information for a variety of business purposes, including for:
- responding to your questions, complaints, comments or feedback,
- processing requests to participate in conferences and events,
- personalizing content that you view on our platforms,
- assessing trends and usage to help develop, evaluate, and improve our products and services,
- distributing newsletters and communications to individuals who have signed up to receive correspondence from us,
- identifying patterns of behaviour to offer relevant suggestions and provide a personalized online experience, including through the delivery of targeted advertising and marketing services,
- with your consent, communicating with you about new products, services, events, or promotions that may be of interest to you,
- analyzing our websites performance and functionality,
- compiling statistics and analyzing trends,
- identify documents accessed,
- publishing reports and conducting research initiatives,
- providing client services,
- offering more secure access to your account,
- evaluate and assess job applicants’ suitability,
- improving our business operations,
- detecting, preventing, or suppressing fraud or other prohibited or illegal activities,
- meeting our legal and regulatory requirements,
- other purposes for which we may obtain consent from time to time,
- otherwise as disclosed to you at the time of collection, and
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
How we share personal information
We may transfer your personal information to third party service providers with whom we have a relationship and who assist us in providing our products and services. These third party service providers are acting on our behalf in respect of the personal information that we transfer to them. Some of these third parties may be located in jurisdictions outside of Canada, including the United States and the EU. The privacy laws applicable in other jurisdictions may differ from those in Canada.
We only transfer personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes intended. When transferring personal information to third party service providers, we employ reasonable contractual and/or other means to ensure those third parties provide a comparable level of protection to the personal information. The third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for unrelated purposes. Accountability for any personal information that is transferred to third party services providers remains with us.
We may also disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law. For example, we and our third-party service providers may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government bodies or other organizations in response to a warrant, subpoena, or other court order. Such disclosures may also be made for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, for detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law.
We may also disclose your personal information to another organization in the event that:
- we buy, sell, or otherwise acquire or dispose of our organization or a part of our organization, or any of its assets;
- we merge or amalgamate our organization with another;
- we make or receive a loan or other financing;
- an organization creates a charge on, or the take of a security interest in or a security on, any assets or securities of our organization;
- we lease or licensing of any of an organization’s assets.
Any such disclosures will be conducted in accordance with applicable law.
How we protect and retain personal information
We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information that we collect. We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect the personal information we collect from unauthorized collection, use, disclosure, loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized GGA personnel and third-party service providers with a need to know the information are provided access to personal information, and these individuals are required to treat this information as confidential.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as may be permitted or required by law.
Where granted by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to, and a copy of, the personal information that we have collected about you. You may also have the right to request that any inaccuracies in that information be corrected, or that the personal information we have about you be deleted.
You also have the right to request that we cease processing your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual obligations and reasonable notice. If you request to “opt-out” or withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, we will inform you of the consequences of doing so before processing your request.
To exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact our Privacy Manager using the contact information provided below.
In addition, you can opt-out of our marketing communications at any time by contacting our Privacy Manager or using the “unsubscribe” mechanism included in the communication; however, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us, as may be relevant, and correspondence relating inquiries, comments, or complaints.
Third party websites
Third Party Tracking/Do Not Track
We may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across different websites. When you use our Sites, third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Sites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
GGA Partners Inc.
37 Sandiford Drive, Suite 408
Stouffville, Ontario L4A 3Z2