Executive Search: General Manager at The Willows Golf & Country Club
- December 2, 2019
- Latest News, Placement, Governance
THE WILLOWS GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
The Willows Golf & Country Club is looking for a General Manager to join us for an un-fore-gettable experience.
The Willows Golf & Country Club, a semi-private residential 27-hole golf course, is looking to hire for the position of General Manager. Reporting to Dream, the ownership group, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Club. They will be the leader of our four departments: Golf Operations, Turf Care, Food & Beverage, and Administration. The General Manager is responsible to lead the team in delivering professional innovative service to our Membership and promoting a culture of excellence. The candidate must possess demonstrated leadership, financial, business, and strategic skills which are necessary to manage the facility.
The Willows is about to undertake the next phase of the residential build out and the General Manager will work with Dream to ensure a smooth transition for all stakeholders.
Wondering what this General Manager position entails?
As a General Manager you lead the entire team and set the tone for success at the Willows. Here are a few of the duties, we will discuss more in person:
- Works closely with Dream to ensure responsible and focused governance, process/practices, efficient day-to-day operations in all departments, and adherence to short/long term goals.
- Ensures the highest standard of quality, service, and member and guest satisfaction are met.
- Develops and closely monitors annual budgets; manages facilities, course conditions, and capital projects.
- Continually stays current on progressive management developments within the club industry and ensures the owners and Senior Management Team are informed of how such changes can enhance Club performance.
- Directs the strategic planning process in conjunction with the owners.
- Oversees creative, innovative promotions, and communications.
- Proactively develops strategies related to the attraction and retention of Members.
- Maintains a high level of presence at the Club during regular and special events, becoming well known and highly approachable to staff, Members, and guests.
Does that sound like you? Here are some of the qualifications we hope you bring to the table:
- A proven track record as a Senior Manager/Supervisor at a premier facility.
- A 4-year degree and/or CCM/CCE designation preferred.
- Progressive leader with a strategic mindset; demonstrated ability to execute with a collaborative approach.
- Excellent team leader with strong leadership and management skills with the ability to inspire staff.
- A self-motivated, hardworking individual with a professional image.
- A strong golf background, preferably with an excellent profile in the golf industry.
- Excellent computer and presentation skills and ability to communicate at a very high level.
- Ability to deliver extraordinary service to Members, guests and employees.
The Club will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which includes a competitive base salary, bonus, and other benefits.
Ready? Don’t just sit there – we wouldn’t want you to miss your opportunity to be part of The Willows team. Apply today.
Thanks for reading all the way through. We look forward to chatting with you!
The position becomes available in December 2019.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Friday, December 20, 2019.
Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Willows Resume” and “Last Name, First Name, Willows Cover Letter”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org and attention to Michael Gregory, Director.
Global Golf Advisors Inc.
For more information on The Willows Golf & Country Club: www.willowsgolf.com.