Executive Search: General Manager at Marietta Country Club
- September 29, 2020
- Placement, Governance, Executive Search
MARIETTA COUNTRY CLUB
Founded in 1915, Marietta Country Club is a member-owned club in Kennesaw, Georgia, located 28 miles from downtown Atlanta. The Club features 27 spectacular holes of Robert Cupp-designed golf, offering challenging risks and rewards for golfers of all skill levels. Set on historic Civil War era farmland, the Club's "three nines" yield vistas of Kennesaw Mountain, beautiful lakes, ponds, and streams.
The Tennis facility includes 8 immaculately maintained HydroCourt clay courts and 4 all-weather Laykold hard courts. The Club has a Fitness facility including a weight room, locker rooms, and a group fitness room. The Pool complex includes the pool and snack bar. The Clubhouse consists of the administrative offices, kitchen, member dining areas, lounge and banquet facilities.
Marietta Country Club Overview
- 1138 members (Golf: 724, Other: 308)
- Initiation fee (Resident Member Golf: $30,000)
- Annual Dues (Golf: $6,696)
- $9.60M Gross volume
- $4.50M Annual dues
- $3.40M F&B volume
- $4.70M Gross payroll
- 160 Employees in-season; 110 off-season
- 11 Board members
- Average age of members is 58
The General Manager Position:
The General Manager reports to the Board and coordinates with the President of the Board on a regular basis. The General Manager implements the policies established by the Board of directors and the Club's bylaws. He/she develops operational policies and is responsible for the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for all areas. This includes the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and management of operations to attain the desired results.
The General Manager coordinates all management functions and works in concert with committee chairs in assisting them in the development of proposed policies, programs, events, etcetera.
The General Manager is the lead coordinator of programming and development of synergy among all departments. Overseeing the internal and external marketing strategies for membership growth and member engagement is a critical part of the position.
The General Manager should have a strong presence and seek to be highly visible to the membership and staff. They set the tone for consistently treating members with first class of hospitality and communicate this expectation to the entire staff as well.
Important Individual Characteristics:
- A naturally enthusiastic personality and passion for the club management profession.
- A natural leadership style which promotes staff and membership engagement.
- Ability to act as a thought partner with the board and committees.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Disciplined follow-through to ensure the vision and goals of the Club come to fruition.
- Ability to cultivate a high-level of member services and satisfaction.
- Possess a strong understanding of top-notch food and beverage experiences for Club members and guests.
- Effective fiscal management through delivery of actual operational and capital results in alignment with approved budgets.
- Maintain a high level of visibility to members and staff as the face of the Club.
- Understands the importance of digital communication and can utilize web and social media tools to communicate with the staff and membership.
- Ability to develop a dedicated team with a shared vision.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a private club environment. Current Assistant General Managers or Clubhouse Managers at well-recognized clubs, with verifiable records of achievement will also be considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business.
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation preferred.
Note: A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required. The position is available September 29, 2020.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Marietta GM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Marietta GM Resume”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please e-mail resume with references.
For more information about Marietta Country Club please visit www.mariettacountryclub.org.