Executive Search: Director of Golf for The Credit Valley Golf & Country Club
- January 18, 2022
- Placement, Private Clubs, Michael Gregory, Executive Search
Director of Golf
The Credit Valley Golf & Country Club
Located in Mississauga, Ontario, The Credit Valley Golf and Country Club is known today as one of Ontario’s finest private golf clubs. Originally the hunting and fishing grounds of the Ojibway people, Credit Valley traces its golfing beginning back to 1930. The golf experience at Credit Valley combines breathtaking scenery with a challenging parkland design that pairs tight fairways with large and fast undulating greens.
Although the Club offers numerous amenities to its members, Credit Valley is a golf club at its core. Designed by renown golf course architect, Robbie Robinson, the course is a true, fair test of golf to members of all skill levels. Complementing the course, Credit Valley offers one of the GTA’s finest practice facilities, boasting over 60,000 square feet of teeing space, two practice bunkers, two practice greens, and eight target greens.
In addition to the golf experience, Credit Valley offers a 37,000 square foot clubhouse, an 800 square foot fitness facility, and a beautiful indoor swimming pool.
Credit Valley is seeking a well-qualified, dynamic individual to oversee and manage golf operations and work cooperatively with other departments to provide an exceptional member and guest experience. The Director of Golf is also responsible for overseeing the Clubs fitness operation, with the Fitness Director reporting to them.
The Director of Golf will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and deliver an outstanding member experience and service commensurate with member expectations and in keeping with a premier Tier 1 private golf and country club.
- Recruitment, training, development, performance management and leadership of golf operations and fitness staff.
- Working with the COO and Controller, preparation and oversight of all fiscal areas and performance for the golf and fitness operations including the capital and operating budgets, annual business plan, forecasting and monitoring.
- Work with the golf operations staff, club management team and various member committees, to develop and implement merchandising, programs, club tournaments, leagues, coaching and lesson programs and outside events.
- Oversight of the golf shop, which includes purchasing, merchandising, sales and marketing, inventory management, and financial performance.
- Oversight of the golf reservation system, tracking and marshalling play on the golf course. Enforcing all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
- The Director of Golf is engaged in new member recruitment and orientation as well as ensuring that the golf experience meets member expectations.
- Oversee the development of operating procedures and training manuals.
- Coordinate plans with the Food and Beverage Manager for all on-course food and beverage, banquets, outside events, and catering for all golf functions.
- Foster and support equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within the Club through adoption of best practices for an inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Develop and oversee an innovative tournament schedule and golf activities program that is appealing to all member demographics and skill levels, including children’s golf programs.
- Develop and oversee golf instruction, clinics, golf schools, and player development programs for all members. Ensuring that members from all demographics and golf skill levels are accommodated by the golf program.
- Play golf with members of all skill levels, demographics and genders as time and duties permit.
- Oversight of the Clubs fitness operation through the Director of Fitness.
The Director of Golf reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). Given the leading role this individual will play in achieving the strategic objectives of Credit Valley, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
- Class A member of the PGA of Canada with Director of Golf/Head Professional or comparable experience preferred.
- A dynamic leader with the ability to maintain a strong team by motivation and leading by example.
- Ability to provide direction and expectations, performance feedback and recognition that leads to positive outcomes. Excellent communication skills.
- Highly visible leader with a friendly, outgoing personality and focus on member service. A leadership style that lends itself to being the ‘face of the golf experience.’
- Out of the box thinker determined to be innovative in the modern world of golf operations. Knowledge and experience in fitness and wellness is an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the active volunteer base at the club to achieve results.
- Encompasses an understanding of a private member-owned club culture.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of the golf retail business.
- Proficient instructor who is well-versed in the latest club fitting and teaching technologies.
- Ability to organize and oversee annual golf event fixtures and programs, including participation in the internal marketing and administration of the events and programs.
- Strong administrator with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to implement, enforce and maintain all policies, programs and plans as established and communicated through the COO.
- Ability to market, schedule and manage any external competitions and events.
- Provide support for prospective member sales, new member integration and membership retention programs.
- Maintain and promote a well-respected and professional image within the Club, the industry and community.
- A keen interest in continuous learning and professional development in the industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software such as Jonas, Golf Genius, etc.
- A self-starter and results oriented work style combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all the Club’s stakeholders.
The Club will offer an attractive year-round compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary and benefits.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by February 4, 2022. Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Credit Valley Resume” and ‘Last Name, First Name, Credit Valley Cover Letter”) respectively to:
Michael Gregory, Partner and George Pinches, Director, GGA Partners, Inc. email@example.com.
For more information on The Credit Valley Golf & Country Club, please visit www.creditvalleygolf.com.
Lead Search Executives