Executive Search: General Manager for Fox Creek Golf Club
- April 4, 2022
- Michael Gregory, Murray Blair, Placement, Private Clubs, Executive Search
Fox Creek Golf Club
Dieppe, New Brunswick
Fox Creek Golf Club
Located just outside Moncton in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Fox Creek prides itself on being southeastern New Brunswick’s only private golf club. The Club offers a place for members to get easily-accessible tee times with quick rounds and excellent course conditions. Fox Creek has no outside events, allowing members to receive a truly private club experience.
Fox Creek opened in 2005 and has been the course of choice in the Moncton and Dieppe area ever since. The Club was taken private in 2021, further elevating the Club’s experience. As part of its conversion to a private member facility, the Club has invested in developing a unique member lounge and bar, separate from the current restaurant that operates out of the clubhouse. Beyond these changes, the ownership at Fox Creek is continually investing in the property, making it better with the goal of creating a member-focused environment.
To learn more about the Club, visit www.foxcreekgolfclub.ca
The Position: General Manager
This unique Canadian golf club is seeking a General Manager (GM) who is dedicated to the Club’s Mission, Vision and Values. Reporting to the Owner, the GM is the leader of the Club’s management team and is responsible for managing all facets of the Club’s operations in accordance with the strategies, plans and policies approved by the Owner.
The GM will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and deliver a consistently excellent member experience commensurate with specified member expectations and in keeping with a premier private club.
- Effectively manage all aspects of the Club’s activities and services to ensure a high level of member satisfaction and referrals to their friends and colleagues.
- Develop and implement innovative, industry-leading operating policies, programs, procedures, and methods. Direct the work of and support the development of all department managers.
- In consultation with the Owner, deliver long and short-term financial objectives. Ensure that the financial integrity of the Club is maintained at all times.
- Prepare forecasts and execute the financial plan for the Club including development of annual operating, cash, and capital budgets. Prepare financial reports to the Owner.
- Develop an organizational structure that is in keeping with the values and the strategic direction of the Club. Act as a mentor to Direct Reports.
- Welcome new Club members, “meet and greet” all Club members as practical during their visits to the Club.
- Maintain a visible and outgoing presence and lines of communications in the Club with members and staff. Responsible for ensuring communications initiatives and appropriate marketing tools are developed to increase the visibility of the Club to current and potential members.
- Develop ongoing dialogue and rapport with members by being present at all major Club functions.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory matters affecting the Club.
Director of Golf, Golf Course Superintendent, Financial Controller, and Food and Beverage Manager.
The GM will report directly to the golf course Owner. Given the leading role this individual will play in achieving the strategic and business objectives of Fox Creek Golf Club, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
- A trustworthy, dependable, and dynamic leader with the ability to build strong teams by motivating staff and leading by example.
- Has the ability to provide direction and expectations, continuous performance feedback with recognition that leads to positive outcomes. Fully engage and inspire department managers and their teams to enhance member experiences.
- Exhibits leadership skills in continued team building, employee motivation and service training consistent with the ownership’s desire to create a club environment that is inclusive and safe for all members and staff.
- Foster and support equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within the Club through adoption of best practices for an inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Is respectful and professional in all interpersonal dealings.
- Proudly represent the Club as its spokesperson to internal and external groups through strong communication and presentation skills.
Member and Guest Experience:
- Thorough understanding of and capacity to consistently deliver exceptional standards of service as expected at a private golf club.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards for all facilities, services, and communications.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethical conduct in words and deeds; embodies the characteristics of a successful leader through honesty, straightforwardness, accountability, leadership, empathy, and dedication.
- A self-starter with a results-oriented work-style combined with excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills demonstrated with all the Club’s stakeholders.
- A confident, diplomatic, competent professional who is a “doer.” A take-charge person who recognizes the importance of accountability and innovation.
- A track record of strong professional results with a clear commitment to member service.
- Interacts with an open and transparent approach with members while maintaining a professional balance between empathy and process adherence.
- An entrepreneurial style combined with a strong understanding of all aspects of business management including business development, finance, information technology, human resources, risk management, marketing and performance management.
- An innovative and strategic thinker with strong business acumen and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience successfully leading hospitality operations in a club or similar setting.
- Incorporates succession planning by preparing staff for key leadership roles.
- A post-secondary degree in business, hospitality or professional golf management credential is preferable.
Experience and Accreditation:
- Experience as a senior leader in a private club environment or other similar top tier facility.
- A passion and understanding of what it means to deliver a consistently excellent member experience.
- Experience and knowledge of operating a private golf club, which includes an understanding of all golf operations.
- Hospitality experience with an excellent understanding of food and beverage operations.
- Proven experience developing and managing budgets and business plans.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Fluent verbally in both French and English languages.
The Club will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity and benefits.
Application Process and Deadline:
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Sunday, April 17, 2022. Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Fox Creek Resume” and "Last Name, First Name, Fox Creek Cover Letter”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Search Executives