Executive Search: Assistant General Manager for Caledon Ski Club
- July 13, 2023
- Michael Gregory, Placement, Private Clubs, Executive Search
Assistant General Manager
Caledon Ski Club
The second-largest private ski club in Southern Ontario, Caledon Ski Club ("the Club"), is a club where members enjoy high quality, family-oriented, competitive and recreational skiing, snowboarding and other multi-seasonal activities and social experiences. The Club is proud to share the 55 acres of skiable terrain with its members year-round in a welcoming and picturesque environment. The Club is financially stable, carries no debt and maintains a healthy capital reserve available for future planned improvements and lodge expansions.
For more information on Caledon Ski Club, visit https://caledonskiclub.com/
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the service and safety expectations and are met for our Membership and their guests. The Assistant General Manager will supervise the Food and Beverage and Events Programming to ensure that programming and Member Experience is of the highest quality at all times. In addition, this role is responsible for the administration of our Health and Safety and WSIB Programs at the Club.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work with the Food and Beverage Manager on yearly objectives to continually improve and maintain our Food and Beverage offering at the Club
- Oversee and attend the special events at the Club and work with the Events Coordinator and the Food and Beverage team to ensure a premium experience for all in attendance
- Ensure that operations in areas of responsibility are adequately supervised and follow industry best practices to minimize risk and to provide a quality product or programming
- Attend meetings and provide input in to the Club’s Member Experience Committee as it relates to Food and Beverage and Members Social Programming
- Represent the Club on the Health and Safety Committee and oversee its function to ensure that existing high standards and culture remain constant
- Ensure the Club’s staff training and associated delivery methods are reviewed and implemented per best practices
- Review the Sustainable Slopes program and provide structure to ongoing improvements with the Food and Beverage and Events Teams
- Provide input into all Club Communications and ensure that the Club communications are consistent, timely and coordinated across all platforms.
- Assist the General Manager with specific projects related to Club operations and service improvements
- Perform annual reviews for both the Event and Food and Beverage Managers
- Handle all Club related matters with a great amount of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality
- Relevant Hospitality, Events supervision and Management experience in a not-for-profit or Private Club environment is an asset
- Experience and familiarity with winter sports and skiing is preferred
- Skilled in people management with a proven track record of service level improvement across multiple departments
- Ability to build and foster a high-performance team that is able to meet our Membership and Guest expectations including recruitment of staff on an annual basis
- Knowledge of required applicable legislation, best practices in respect to Food and Beverage, and Event operations
- Computer proficiency with programs to design and manage communications and templates
- Focused on delivering high levels of service and responding to all inquiries/requests in a professional manner and with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated skills in time management, planning and organization
- Confident, energetic with ability to build credibility with staff at all levels
- Proven ability to be proactive and use good judgment
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written & presentation
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Able to maintain confidentiality / privacy of information
- Able to work weekends and holidays during the ski season and when required for Food and Beverage, Event operations during the off season
- Will perform their duties and ensure that they work in accordance with Caledon’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Must follow all manuals, handbooks, rules and regulations provided in the course of employment at Caledon Ski Club
The Club will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Sunday, July 30th at 5:00pm EDT. If you require any accommodations to be considered for this position, please include that information in your submission. Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Caledon Ski Club AGM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Caledon Ski Club AGM Resume”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview. Please email resume with references.
Lead Search Consultant:
Managing Director & Partner