Executive Search: Clubhouse Manager for Islington Golf Club
- July 11, 2023
- Michael Gregory, Placement, Private Clubs, Executive Search
Islington Golf Club
Islington Golf Club is a wonderful Stanley Thompson designed private club located in the west end of Toronto. The Club is an easy escape from the hustle of the downtown scene and prides itself on being a golf-focused club with a thriving year-round social scene. With a rich history, the Club is celebrating its centenary year in 2023. The Club has a friendly environment and a progressive strategic vision, having emerged from significant capital projects to the course and clubhouse with a renewed spirit that has propelled the club to new heights.
The Club offers its members access to a traditional amenity profile and first-class service throughout the club. Currently, the Club is home to a championship golf course, netted driving range, short game practice area, spacious clubhouse containing various dining options, and a recently renovated patio overlooking the 18th hole. The other dining amenities include the Fireside Bar, a new pizza oven, and several other dining outlets for members to enjoy. The Club is currently engaged with an architect to develop a Clubhouse Master Plan for the next stage of improvement for the future.
Islington was announced as the Club of the Year by The Club Management Association of Canada in 2019.
Islington Golf Club is excited to announce an exceptional career opportunity, joining their strong team as the Clubhouse Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, the Clubhouse Manager will provide leadership and management of the food and beverage department, locker room and maintenance staff. The Clubhouse Manager will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of all food and beverage areas and the clubhouse facility. This individual will work closely with the Club’s Executive Chef and Catering Manager to execute an operation with multiple outlets including a banquet room, dining room, casual lounge, bistro bar and a newly renovated patio overlooking the 18th hole.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Organize, direct, and evaluate food and beverage service including both front of house and kitchen operations.
- Manage and oversee all daily operations of all food and beverage areas and the clubhouse facility.
- Manage supplier relationships including product selection, pricing, and promotions.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all team members understand and maintain operating standards.
- Promote a positive work environment and culture by maintaining strong, supportive relationships with all team members.
- Recruitment and training of staff.
- Motivate F&B Staff and create a training program to provide exceptional customer service.
- Monitor staff performance and provide feedback.
- Maintain a positive workplace environment for the staff.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience as a Food and Beverage Manager, Restaurant Manager, Clubhouse Manager, or a similar position in the hospitality-related industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business is an asset.
- Must demonstrate a proven record of developing a cohesive team with service, culinary and clubhouse maintenance that delivers a high level of service. With ongoing training, monitoring and evaluation of the service staff, this individual will lead from the front, being visible on the floor and interacting with all members.
- Has an extensive knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits along with staying current on food and beverage trends in the industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and operating a POS system – knowledge of Jonas program is an asset.
- An advanced knowledge in developing and monitoring a budget and providing financial and statistical analysis of the operation is important.
- A team player with strong communication skills and a passion for customer service excellence.
- This position requires flexible work hours including evenings and weekends.
The Club offers an excellent working environment and a compensation package that is very competitive and commensurate with experience. It has both salary and potential bonus opportunities as well as a complete benefits package and professional development opportunities.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the position qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by July 30th, 2023, at 5:00pm PST.
Documents are required to be submitted in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Islington Clubhouse Manager Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Islington Clubhouse Manager Resume”) respectively to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Lead Search Consultant:
Managing Director & Partner
For more information on Islington Golf Club, visit www.islingtongolfclub.com