Executive Search: Director of Finance for The Boulevard Club
- December 18, 2023
- Canada, Dee Anna Clarke, Placement, Private Clubs, Executive Search
Director of Finance
The Boulevard Club
About The Club
The Boulevard Club is a vibrant, lakeside community carved out of the peaceful shores of Lake Ontario. As the only lakefront, multi-sport recreation and social club in Downtown/West Toronto, The Boulevard Club delivers an unmatched member experience that’s rich in history and tradition yet focused on the future. From spectacular views and year-round activities to family-friendly services and an easy-access marina, it simply does not get more relaxed or waterfront.
For over a century, The Boulevard Club has built a reputation around time honored traditions, exemplary service, and unrivalled athletics programs for all ages and abilities, including tennis, badminton, water sports, fitness, swimming, basketball, pickleball, and more.
The Club takes pride in creating an exceptional Member experience thanks to an equally diverse and inclusive team. Team members are vital to the success of the Club and the Club continues to value and develop their exceptional staff. If you would like to work and learn from a team of professionals and build your career at one of Toronto’s top private clubs, The Boulevard Club may be a good fit.
Our Club exists as a meeting place for our members to be active and social in a welcoming environment. We enjoy exceptional experiences through the Club’s innovative programming, facilities, and service.
An unrivaled social and sporting oasis on the waterfront.
- Welcome and include everyone with warm hospitality.
- Listen to and recognize diverse points of view.
- Treat others with the utmost respect.
- Support continuous improvement and long-term financial viability.
- Commit to being an environmentally sustainable Club.
Reporting to the General Manager, The Boulevard Club is recruiting a Director of Finance who will direct the financial operations of the Club to ensure the security of Club assets. The DOF will serve as primary contact for all Club financial - and accounting-related matters with the Finance Committee, external auditors, and regulatory agencies. The candidate will ensure legal compliance, and efficient operation with the prime focus on Members' experience and maintain and update policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes, and related activities and records.
Director of Finance Responsibilities
- The Director of Finance is a critical link between fiscal management and the Club’s strategic direction, ensuring that financial decisions align with the long-term vision and goals of the Club.
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximize the financial stability of the Club.
- Create the annual operating and capital budgets for the Club in coordination with various Club committees, departments, and the General Manager, and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost-saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
- Maximize cash flow performance of the Club through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits, and remittances.
- Evaluate potential investments and capital allocation decisions in accordance with the strategic priorities, seeking opportunities that contribute to long-term growth and profitability of the Club.
- Identify and assess financial risks that may affect the execution of the strategic plan. Develop strategies to mitigate these risks and ensure the organization's financial stability.
- Develop and track financial performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) that relate to the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain records for internal audits; ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Direct and verify the taking of various inventories at the Club i.e., beverages, food supplies, equipment, and furnishings.
- Prepares the accounting reports as necessary and as requested by the General Manager, the Board of Directors and other Club management or committees.
- Manage Club contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts).
- Monthly trial balances and result financial statements for the Club, along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records.
- Maintain Club insurance records.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict, and improve and recognize team member performance mediating conflict, actively identifying and correcting breaches in house rules, assisting with questions, and managing emergencies.
- Performs special assignments and completes reasonable tasks or duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Reports to the General Manager.
Accounts Payable, Members Accounts Administrator, Purchasing, and Payroll.
- CPA- CA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- Experience in the Private Club and Not-for-Profit Industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of GAAP and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- At least 5 years of senior level or management experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficient in Canadian financial laws, tax regulations, and compliance requirements.
The Club will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary and benefits including:
- Education & Professional Development Assistance
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families
- Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Meal Plan
- Bike Share TO
- Night Transportation Assistance
- Complimentary Parking (subject to availability)
MPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Friday, January 5, 2024.
Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Boulevard Resume” and ‘Last Name, First Name, Boulevard Cover Letter”) respectively to: email@example.com
Lead Search Consultants:
Dee Anna Clarke
For more information on The Boulevard Club please visit: https://boulevardclub.clubhouseonline-e3.com/Home.aspx