Executive Search: Director of Golf for Quail West Golf and Country Club
- December 11, 2023
- USA, Kathy Grayson, Colin Burns, Placement, Private Clubs, Executive Search
Director of Golf
Quail West Golf and Country Club
Quail West Golf and Country Club
Quail West Golf & Country Club, located in beautiful Naples, Florida and revered as Southwest Florida’s preeminent private golf community, is seeking an extraordinary leader to serve as Director of Golf.
Quail West prides itself on providing world-class facilities for Members and their guests and an extraordinary and inclusive, yet unpretentious lifestyle. One of Southwest Florida’s most welcoming clubs, Quail West’s courses, facilities and services are shared by a limited number of members to enhance the quality of the member experience.
To learn more about the Club, visit Home - Quail West Golf & Country Club
ABOUT THE CLUB
36 Holes of Golf
Gross Operating Revenue: $25M
Annual Merchandising Revenue: $1M
FY 24 Annual Golf Dues – Operating - $22,030; Capital - $4,000
FY 24 Golf Course Maintenance Budget - $4.9M
FY 24 Golf Operations Budget
- Total revenue (net of cost of sales) - $2.8M
- Payroll expense - $1.5M
- Payroll Taxes & Benefits - $300K
- Other expenses - $660K
- Annual lesson revenue – $200K
The role of Director of Golf at Quail West offers an extremely challenging yet extraordinarily rewarding opportunity for a highly capable, experienced, and respected professional. The Director of Golf is looked upon to set the standard for golf operation by providing world-class programs, services, and leadership. The individual will promote an enthusiastic professional atmosphere focused on Member enjoyment and satisfaction through a visible, accessible, and professional management and leadership style.
The Director of Golf oversees the golf operation including management of the team (golf shop, practice facility, outside operations, and men’s locker room), responsible for the financial planning and oversight for the golf operation, and promotion of an exceptional golf experience for the membership.
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer / General Manager
Head Golf Professional
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Provides respectable leadership as a PGA professional in managing all aspects of the golf program and promotes a positive image at a first-class facility.
- Oversees the management and performance of all golf shop and related services.
- Provides input and advice as requested by the COO/General Manager, the Board of Directors, Golf Committee, and members of the Management Team.
- Recruits, trains, and develops all golf staff.
- Manages tee time procedures fairly and equitably.
- Coordinates, attends, and actively participates in all Golf Committee meetings.
- Maintains a respectable golf game and represents the club favorably in PGA and other appropriate golf-related
- Develops and adheres to annual operating budget for golf operations including planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Coaches and mentors employees by proactively supporting employee development and involvement.
- Enforces club rules and regulations governing golf course and practice facility usage to provide an enjoyable golfing experience.
- Develops and manages an innovative tournament schedule and golf activities program that services all golf members.
- Play golf with members and their guests as time and duties permit.
- Attends golf-related conferences, merchandise shows, and educational programs to stay current with the latest trends in the industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Head Professional or Director of Golf at a premier, private facility. Multi-course experience preferred.
- Class ‘A’ member of the PGA of America.
- Computer literate: Excel, Word, Golf Genius, and Jonas
- Possess the highest level of understanding in the rules of golf, tournament formatting, scoring, and handicapping.
Quail West will offer a very attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity and benefits.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the position qualifications and describes your alignment with the position by January 7th, 2024.
Documents are required to be submitted in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Quail West Director of Golf Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Quail West Director of Golf Resume”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Lead Search Consultants:
For more information on Quail West Golf and Country Club, visit https://www.quailwest.com/