Executive Search: Head Golf Professional at Bayview Golf & Country Club
- December 21, 2020
- Placement, Governance, Executive Search
HEAD GOLF PROFESSIONAL
BAYVIEW GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
Bayview is an outstanding, all-season Toronto Country Club. Centrally located in the GTA, Bayview has been a treasured part of members’ lives for nearly 60 years. Bayview members enjoy a world-class golf course complemented by exceptional sports, recreation, dining and social experiences, all centered in a modern, full-service family private club setting with curling, tennis, aquatics and fitness facilities.
The Golf Facilities:
Designed in 1960 by Canadian Golf Hall of Fame architect Robbie Robinson, and renovated by renowned course designer Doug Carrick, the Bayview Golf and Country Club course consistently ranks among Score Magazine’s Top 100 courses in Canada. Golfers enjoy a stunning course that is equally challenging for both the recreational and scratch golfer. Bayview’s renowned golf course is world-class and can truly be appreciated by the whole family. A comprehensive practice facility, golf simulators and well-stocked, full-service Pro Shop round out the Club’s facilities. The Club has hosted several professional and amateur championships.
Bayview is seeking a well-qualified, dynamic individual to oversee and manage Bayview’s golf operations and work cooperatively with other departments to provide an exceptional member and guest experience.
The Head Golf Professional will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and deliver a consistently outstanding member experience commensurate with specified member expectations and in keeping with a premier Tier 1 private golf and country club. Although the Head Professional will rely on the Staff to operate the daily activities, the Head Professional will be responsible for overall performance metrics and service.
- Recruitment, training, development, performance management and leadership of Golf Operations staff.
- Preparation of the Golf Operations operating and capital budgets.
- Work with the Golf Operations staff, management team and various member committees, to develop and implement merchandising programs, club tournaments, leagues, coaching and lesson programs and outside events.
- Purchasing, merchandising, sales and marketing, inventory management, and financial performance of all aspects of the Pro Shop.
- Oversight of the golf reservation system, starting procedures, tracking and monitoring play on the golf course.
- Representation of the Club to members, staff and external agencies. The Head Professional is engaged in new member recruitment.
The Head Professional reports to the General Manager. Given the leading role this individual will play in achieving the strategic objectives of Bayview, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
- Class A member of the PGA of Canada with Head Professional experience preferred.
- A dynamic leader with the ability to maintain a strong team by motivation and leading by example. Has the ability to provide direction and expectations, performance feedback and recognition that leads to positive outcomes. Excellent communication skills.
- Highly visible leader with friendly and outgoing personality and focus on member service. A leadership style that lends itself to being the ‘face of the golf experience’.
- An out of the box thinker determined to be innovative in the modern world of golf operations.
- An ability to work collaboratively with the active volunteer base at the club to achieve results.
- An understanding of a private member-owned club culture.
- A demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of the Professional Shop retail business.
- Proficient instructor well versed in the latest club fitting and teaching technologies.
- Proven leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and oversee annual golf event fixtures and programs including participation in the internal marketing and administration of the events and programs.
- Ability to implement, enforce and maintain all policies, programs and plans as established and communicated through the General Manager.
- Ability to market, schedule and manage any external competitions and events.
- Provide support for prospective member sales, new member integration and membership retention programs.
- Maintain and promote a well-respected and professional image within the Club, the industry and community.
- A keen interest in continuous learning and professional development in the industry.
- A self-starter and results oriented work style combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all the Club’s stakeholders.
Note: The current Head Golf Professional will leave the Club on January 29, 2021.
The Club will offer an attractive year-round compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary and benefits.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Sunday, January 10, 2021. Those documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Bayview HP Resume” and “Last Name, First Name, Bayview HP Cover Letter”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michael Gregory, Partner, and George Pinches, Director
GGA Partners, Inc.
For more information on Bayview Golf & Country Club please visit www.bayviewclub.com.