TURTLE POINT YACHT & COUNTRY CLUB
Founded in 1961, Turtle Point Yacht & Country Club is a member-owned club in Killen, Alabama, and recognized as one of Alabama’s best kept secrets. Turtle Point is one of those pleasant surprises that one finds from time to time; complete with clubhouse, golf course, tennis courts, and marina, the Club exudes Southern charm.
Not only is the golf course exceptional, but the Club’s location on the banks of the Tennessee River makes it a unique and special destination in and of itself. Blessed by its location, membership, and staff, Turtle Point is an experience that is unmatched in the Southeast. After one visit, we’re certain that you will agree.
Designed by famed architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr., the 18-hole golf course is ranked 4th best in Alabama by Golf Digest and has been the host site of the SEC Championship, the State Amateur Championship, the Southern Amateur as well as other notable events over its 50 plus year history.
The Club’s tennis facility includes 6 immaculately maintained all-weather Laykold hard courts with water views. The pool complex includes a large “L” shaped pool, a toddler wading pool, an extensive deck and Cabana with showers and bathroom facilities, as well as a snack bar with covered dining areas. The clubhouse consists of the administrative offices, kitchen, member dining areas, lounge, and banquet facilities. The Marina offers eighteen 60′ covered slips, eighteen 40′ covered slips, ten 24′ covered slips, sixteen open sailboat and ski boat slips, and twelve personal watercraft slips.
Turtle Point Yacht & Country Club Overview:
- 485 members
- Initiation Fee $10,600
- Annual Dues $6,000
- $4.40M Gross Volume
- $2.30M Annual Dues
- $1.30M F&B Volume
- $2.0M Gross Payroll
- 100 Employees in-season, 60 off-season
- 5 Executive Committee Members
- Average age of members is 60
The General Manager Position
The General Manager reports to the Board and coordinates with the President of the Board on a regular basis. The General Manager implements the policies established by the Board of Directors and the Club’s bylaws. He/she develops operational policies and is responsible for the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for all areas. This includes the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and management of operations to attain the desired results.
The General Manager coordinates all management functions and works in concert with committee chairs in assisting them in the development of proposed policies, programs, events, etcetera.
The General Manager is the lead coordinator of programming and development of synergy among all departments. Overseeing the internal and external marketing strategies for membership growth and member engagement is a critical part of the position.
The General Manager should have a strong presence and seek to be highly visible to the membership and staff. They set the tone for consistently treating members with first class of hospitality and communicate this expectation to the entire staff as well.
Important Individual Characteristics
- A naturally enthusiastic personality and passion for the club management profession.
- A natural leadership style which promotes staff and membership engagement.
- Ability to act as a thought partner with the board and committees.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Disciplined follow-through to ensure the vision and goals of the Club come to fruition.
- Ability to cultivate a high-level of member services and satisfaction.
- Possess a strong understanding of top-notch food and beverage experiences for Club members and guests.
- Effective fiscal management through delivery of actual operational and capital results in alignment with approved budgets.
- Maintain a high level of visibility to members and staff as the face of the Club.
- Understands the importance of digital communication and can utilize web and social media tools to communicate with the staff and membership.
- Ability to develop a dedicated team with a shared vision.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a private club environment. Current Assistant General Managers or Clubhouse Managers at well-recognized clubs with verifiable records of achievement will also be considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business.
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation preferred.
Note: A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required. The position is available March 1, 2021.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit résumés along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Monday, March 15, 2021.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Turtle Point GM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Turtle Point GM Resume”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email résumé with references.
For more information about Turtle Point Yacht & Country Club, please visit tpycc.org.