Golf Course Superintendent
Carrying Place Golf & Country Club
Located just 20 minutes from Highway 401 and just minutes from Highway 400 in the wonderfully beautiful rural setting of King Township, Carrying Place Golf & Country Club is a home away from home for its members. The lush property brings a definite sense of belonging, which is a characteristic trademark of Carrying Place. The Club has a beautiful golf course, stunning views, a diverse membership and engaging staff.
Members enjoy the Club’s meticulously maintained course with exceptional pace of play, and the ability to get a tee time with no lotteries. The Club also offers social and competitive events throughout the season for those interested. The course traverses more than 125-acres of beautifully manicured rolling parkland terrain.
Carrying Place members can work on their game year-round with two indoor simulators (HD Golf and Trackman) to provide the most accurate technical data. Instruction is also available both indoors and outdoors.
The Club’s new practice area is located adjacent to the modern clubhouse, and just a few yards from the 1st and 10th tees. Carrying Place is currently in the process of building a new short game practice area.
- 25,000 rounds (estimated 2023)
- 500 Equity Members
- $20,000 equity value
- 125-acre property
- Golf course
- Indoor simulators
- New practice area
- Multiple options in the modern clubhouse
- Ability to host events
This position is responsible for all phases of the golf maintenance and agronomic operations including cost control and personnel in the Greens Department. The Golf Course Superintendent will work to provide exceptional playing conditions within the confines of the approved annual operating budget. They will design landscape plans for the facility grounds while working closely with the General Manager and Director of Operations to reduce the impact on members where possible. They will manage all grounds maintenance to include: the entrance to the club, driveway, gardens, The Manor and the Golf Course, which includes snow removal in the winter. They must be a self-starter and problem solver with the ability to lead a team towards a common goal. They will be a hands on visible leader willing to work as part of the overall management team to meet all club objectives. The position requires a creative, flexible leader willing to be part of a dynamic team focused on excellence.
The Club has a long history of supporting its Superintendent with maintenance practices required to elevate playing conditions. The Club is looking for an expert comfortable making decisions to continually improve the quality of conditions with a significant amount of autonomy. A willingness to interact with the membership, management team and key stakeholders will be important to the candidate’s long-term success. This role reports directly to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the Agronomic Annual Operating Budget
- Meet or exceed the Approved Business Plan
- Manage Fixed Assets Effectively
- Plan and forecast current and long-term capital needs
- Develop a capital maintenance and replacement plan
- Execute projects and upgrades on time and on budget
- Maintain Positive Staff & Member Relations
- Develop and execute annual agronomic practices
- Visible and accessible to members and staff
- Enhance departments image/brand/reputation
- Golf Course and all grounds
- Assure Effective Safety Programs
- Department consistency (playing conditions)
- Manage the condition of all assets
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment for all
- Ensure application of all club policies
- Oversee Wage & Salary Administration
- Develop & Administer Annual Performance Appraisals
- Assure Positive Employee Relations
- Lead the Employee Development Process
- Assure Personal Development & Growth
- Oversee the maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, tress and wetlands and snow on the facility grounds
- Develop a water usage tracking plan of the irrigation system
- Ensure proper records are kept for chemical applications. as required by government regulation
- Social media marketing of the department
- Seek & Execute Growth Opportunities
- Maximize efficiency and minimize disruption where possible
- Develop Differentiation Ideas
- Post-secondary education from an accredited college or university, preferably in the field.
- This position requires an individual with a minimum 5 years’ experience as an Assistant Superintendent or previous experience as a Golf Course Superintendent.
- They must have a proven track record meeting and exceeding financial targets while delivering the highest quality in golf course conditioning and overall facility aesthetics.
- They must be able to think on their feet and react appropriately to changing conditions.
- They will be willing to work as part of the management team while being a hands-on visible leader.
- They must have the ability to anticipate personnel, equipment and material requirements related to the golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Experience hiring and managing a team to meet and exceed organizational goals within the confines of the budget in place will be seen as a significant asset.
- Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The Club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the position qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by October 13th at 5:00pm EDT.
Documents are required to be submitted in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Carrying Place Superintendent Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Carrying Place Superintendent Resume”) respectively to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Lead Search Consultant:
Managing Director & Partner
For more information on Carrying Place Golf & Country Club, visit carryingplace.com