DIRECTOR OF GOLF
DRUID HILLS GOLF CLUB
Tucked away in the historic Druid Hills neighborhood, our members consider their club a sanctuary just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Atlanta. Established in 1912, Druid Hills has a rich tradition while offering the full array of services one would expect from a modern private club. Druid Hills Golf Club serves as an in-town haven for its members and their families by providing timeless golf and contemporary club experiences.
Famed course architect Bob Cupp redesigned Druid Hills to the “golden age of golf.” The course is both playable and challenging. Perfectly blended with the natural surroundings of Druid Hills, each round is an enjoyable experience. There is a complete and newly renovated practice facility with a driving range and a short game practice area.
A day at Druid Hills offers a chance to golf, play tennis, swim, or workout in our first-class fitness center. For dinner, the Club’s dining rooms offer the opportunity to sample unique dishes that focus on seasonal, fresh, farm-to-table ingredients. Druid Hills Golf Club – so much more than an exceptional golf experience.
Druid Hills Golf Club Overview
- 1,030 members (Golf: 580, Other: 450)
- Initiation Fee (Resident Member Golf: $85,000)
- Annual Dues (Golf: $7,500)
- $14.3M Gross Volume
- 33,000 Annual Golf Rounds
- $4.70M Gross Golf Shop Payroll
- Average age of members is 53
The Director of Golf Position:
The Director of Golf reports to the General Manager/COO and coordinates with the Golf Committee Chair on a regular basis. The Director of Golf implements the policies established by the Board of Directors and the Club’s bylaws. He/she develops operational policies and is responsible for the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for all areas.
The Director of Golf is the lead coordinator of programming and development of synergy among all golf programming, amenities, and services. Driving excellence in the golf experience through training is a critical part of the position.
The Director of Golf should have a strong presence and seek to be highly visible to the membership and staff. They set the tone for consistently treating members with a first-class golf experience and communicate this expectation to the entire staff as well.
Important Individual Characteristics:
- A naturally enthusiastic personality and passion for the golf industry.
- A natural leadership style which promotes staff and membership engagement.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Disciplined accountability to ensure that the training and standards of the Golf department are consistently met.
- Ability to cultivate a high-level of member services and satisfaction.
- Possess a strong understanding of top-notch golf experiences for Club members and guests.
- Effective fiscal management through delivery of actual operational and capital results in alignment with approved budgets.
- Maintain a high level of visibility to members and staff as the face of the golf operation at the Club.
- Ability to cater to various interests and the playing ability of the entire membership demographic.
- Ability to develop a dedicated team with a shared vision.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership and management experience in the golf industry. Current Head Professionals or Assistant Golf Professionals at well-recognized clubs, with verifiable records of achievement will also be considered.
- Educational credentials in hospitality or golf. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Hospitality Management or Business is an advantage for applicants.
- Professional Golf Association (PGA) Certification designation preferred.
Note: A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required. The position is available November 25, 2020.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit résumés along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Druid Hills Director of Golf Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Druid Hills Director of Golf Resume”) respectively to: email@example.com. Please e-mail résumé with references.
Lead Search Executive
Patrick DeLozier, Director
For more information about Druid Hills Golf Club please visit dhgc.org.