Green Boundary Club
Aiken, South Carolina
The Green Boundary Club resides in an Aiken mansion built in 1928. At the time, Aiken served as the winter home of many wealthy East Coast equestrians and the Club’s location, very close to Hitchcock Woods, a 2000 acre sanctuary for riders and hikers, proved the ideal location.
In 1956 the home was sold to a group of winter colonists and the Green Boundary Club was formed. For many years it was a small, private dining club only open during the winter, but has since evolved into a year-round dining and social club with an active membership that frequents the club as their “home away from home.”
In addition to our dining options, amenities at the Club include two croquet courts, a tennis/pickleball court and a beautiful new patio area. The Club also has six recently-updated hotel rooms on property for use by our members and their guests. The Club also has reciprocal agreements providing members access to golf and private clubs across the world.
In 2022, Green Boundary Club will embark on a $1.5 million enhancement process to create a spacious club room with a working bar, two new restrooms and improvements to its infrastructure. When complete, the area will link to the ever-popular patio area.
Today the Green Boundary Club is a hub of activities. While fine dining is the primary focus, the Club is replete with activities, social interactions and events that embrace the future with confidence drawn from its rich history.
Over 400 comprised of resident, junior and non-resident categories
- Initiation fee (Resident Member – $2,000)
- Annual Dues (Resident Member – $135 monthly plus $300 for maintenance)
- $1.2M Gross volume
- $560K F&B volume
- $600K Gross payroll
- 23 Employees
- 12 Board members
The General Manager Position
The General Manager reports to the Board of Governors, with the Executive Committee, and in particular, the President as the point of contact. Direct reports to the General Manager include the Assistant General Manager, Executive Chef, Membership & Marketing Director and the accountant.
The General Manager is responsible for developing operational policies as well as the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for all areas. These includes the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and management of operations to attain the desired results.
The General Manager coordinates all management functions and works in concert with committee chairs to assist in the development of proposed policies, programs and events. He/she serves as the lead coordinator of programming and development of synergy among all departments. An additional, yet critical, part of the position entails overseeing the internal and external marketing strategies for membership growth.
The General Manager should have a strong presence and seek to be highly visible to the membership and staff. He/she will set the tone for consistently treating members with first class hospitality and communicate this expectation to the entire staff.
Important Individual Characteristics
- A naturally enthusiastic personality and passion for the club management profession.
- A leadership style that creates dedication to the Club’s mission by a team focused on elevating the member experience daily.
- A thought partner providing quality and timely communication to the board and committee members.
- An effective verbal and written communicator who can utilize web and social media tools to communicate with the membership and staff.
- Disciplined follow-through to ensure the vision and goals of the Club come to fruition.
- The ability to cultivate a high-level of member services and satisfaction.
- A strong understanding of top-notch food and beverage experiences for Club members and guests.
- Effective fiscal management through delivery of actual operational and capital results in alignment with approved budgets.
- The desire to maintain a high level of visibility to members and staff as the face of the Club.
- A knowledge of the marketing tools required to increase visibility. both internally and externally. to ensure the Club maintains a high profile within the community.
- Leadership of the development and implementation of all marketing and member relations programs to both attract new members and foster positive relations with existing members and their guests.
- Responsible for initiating membership research and keeping current on all social, demographic, and corporate trends that impact the Club’s ability to meet its objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a private club or hospitality environment. Current Assistant General Managers or Clubhouse Managers at well-recognized clubs, with verifiable records of achievement will also be considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business.
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation preferred or in pursuit of one.
Note: A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required. The position is available immediately.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the described position by Friday, February 4, 2022.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Green Boundary GM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Green Boundary GM Resume”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please e-mail resume with references.
For more information about Green Boundary Club, please visit greenboundaryclub.com