Pine Lake Country Club
Mint Hill, NC
Celebrating it’s 70th year, Pine Lake Country Club has been a retreat for families to enjoy an active lifestyle. The centerpiece of the club is the 18-hole Gene Hamm golf course that opened for play in 1958, and renovated in 1988 by architect John LaFoy, a devotee of Donald Ross.
Distinguished by its understated elegance and traditional southern touches, the clubhouse overlooks 157 acres of natural beauty nestled in the heart of Mint Hill, NC just 15 miles from the center city Charlotte. Alongside the clubhouse is the golf shop, range and short-game practice facility. Beyond golf, members enjoy casual and formal dining, a fitness center, six Har-Tru lighted clay tennis courts, two hard courts (one converted for pickleball courts) and a pool complex featuring an Olympic-size pool, kiddie pool and play area along with a water slide and diving board.
The club hosts a variety of weddings and events ranging in size from 25 to 225 in its three meeting rooms and on the ceremonial lawn. These spaces are also used for a wide range of social activities year-round for members and guests of all ages.
By the Numbers
- Members: 580 total
- Initiation fee: Resident member golf, $10,000
- Annual dues: $1,827,000
- Gross volume: $4,117,000
- F&B volume: $1,188,000
- Employees: 75 employees
- Board members: 11
- Average age of membership: 55
The General Manager Position
The General Manager reports to the board and coordinates with its president on a regular basis to implement the established policies and Club bylaws. He/she also coordinates all management functions and works in concert with committee chairs to assist in the development of proposed policies, programs, events, etc.
The General Manager develops operational policies and is responsible for the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for all departments. This includes the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget in partnership with the club Controller.
This position requires leading the coordination of programming at the club and the development of departmental cooperation. Another critical requirement of the position is to oversee the internal and external marketing strategies for membership growth, and member engagement and retention.
A strong and visible presence will be a daily requirement to set the example for all employees to consistently treat members with warm hospitality and professional service.[Pine Lake is currently evaluating a golf course renovation to be implemented in the next 2-3 years and the General Manager will be expected to lead renovation efforts in partnership with the Architect and Course Superintendent]
- Head Golf Professional
- Golf Course Superintendent
- Food & Beverage Director
- Membership and Marketing Director
- Executive Chef
- Events Manager
- Tennis Director
- Facilities Maintenance Manager
Important Individual Characteristics
- Ability to act as a thought partner with the board and committees.
- Disciplined follow-through to ensure the vision and goals of the club are attained.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- A natural leadership style which promotes staff and membership engagement.
- An enthusiastic personality and passion for the club management profession.
- Ability to cultivate a high-level of member services and satisfaction.
- A strong understanding of how to deliver remarkable food and beverage experiences.
- Effective fiscal management through delivery of operational and capital results in alignment with approved budgets.
- A high level of visibility to members and staff as the face of the club.
- Proficiency in using web and social media tools to communicate with staff and members.
- Ability to develop a dedicated team with a shared vision.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a private club environment. Current Assistant General Managers or Clubhouse Managers at well-recognized clubs, with verifiable records of achievement will also be considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business preferred.
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation or pursuing preferred.
Note: A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Wednesday, October 12, 2022.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Pine Lake GM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Pine Lake GM Resume”) respectively to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please e-mail resume with references.