Sewickley Heights Golf Club
Over 50 years ago, five men had a vision to turn land that was planned to be an airport into Sewickley Heights Golf Club. The centerpiece of this private club is the Jim Harrison-designed, 7,029-yard, par 71 golf course that meanders across rolling hills and amid mature landscape.
After golf, members have the option of enjoying both casual and fine dining in the club’s three venues and will soon be able to enjoy al fresco dining and cocktails on the new outdoor patio. The Semple ballroom, named after founding member and former USGA President Bud Semple, is host to weddings and special events for up to 200 guests throughout the year.
In 2022, the Club embarked on the development of a 5-Year Strategic Plan. This process involved a top-to-bottom examination of the Club’s market position, operations, membership structure, utilization, communications efforts and finances that enabled the Board to set strategic initiatives that now serve as the guide to meet the needs of our existing members as well as those who will join in the future.
Sewickley Heights Golf Club Overview
- 503 memberships (Golf: 384, Social: 119)
- Initiation fee (Resident Member Golf: $7,000)
- Annual Dues (Golf: $7,764)
- $5.70M Gross volume
- $2.40M Annual dues
- $1.33M F&B volume
- $2.30M Gross payroll
- 77 Employees
- 12 Board members
- Average age of members is 55
The General Manager Position
The person chosen as the General Manager of Sewickley Heights will:
- Report to the Board and coordinate with the Board President on a regular basis.
- Implement policies established by the Board and the Club’s bylaws.
- Develop operational policies.
- Assume responsibility for the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for all areas of the Club.
- Prepare an annual operating and capital budget.
- Manage operations to attain desired results established by budgets.
- Coordinate all management functions, working with committee chairs to develop proposed policies, programs and events.
- Serve as lead coordinator of programming, developing synergy among all departments.
- Oversee internal and external marketing strategies for membership growth and increased member engagement.
- Be highly visible to members and staff.
- Establish and communicate the standard for staff to provide first-class hospitality.
Important Individual Characteristics:
- A naturally enthusiastic personality and passion for the club management profession.
- A natural leadership style which promotes staff and membership engagement.
- Ability to act as a thought partner with the Board and committees.
- Possess effective written and verbal communications skills
- Disciplined follow-through to ensure the vision and goals of the Club are met.
- Ability to cultivate a high-level of member services and satisfaction.
- Possess a strong understanding of top-notch food and beverage experiences for Club members and guests.
- Effective fiscal management through delivery of actual operational and capital results in alignment with approved budgets.
- Understanding of the importance of digital communications, with the ability to utilize web and social media tools to communicate with the staff and membership.
- Ability to develop a dedicated team with a shared vision.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a private club environment. Along with General Managers, current Assistant General Managers or Clubhouse Managers at well-recognized clubs, with verifiable records of achievement will also be considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business.
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation preferred or in pursuit of.
Note: A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit résumés along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Friday, June 3, 2022.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Sewickley Heights Golf Club GM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Sewickley Heights Golf Club GM GM Resume”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please e-mail resume with references.
For more information about Sewickley Heights Golf Club, please visit: www.shgc.org