Miramont Country Club
Miramont Country Club was built by owner and founder Donald A. Adam to fulfill his vision for the Bryan-College Station country club and residential neighborhood of international stature that could become a home away from home and a gathering spot for every occasion.
Since its debut in 2005, the Club has earned a reputation that embodies a first-class, family-focused and refined lifestyle, being named most recently as the sixth-best clubhouse in the country and the best in Texas by Club + Resort Business magazine.
The centerpiece of the Miramont amenity profile is the Robert Trent Jones II-designed golf course featuring an 18-hole championship layout and a 4-hole family course. The 93,000 square-foot Clubhouse is the gateway to casual and formal dining, 15 luxurious rooms to accommodate overnight guests, men’s and ladies’ locker rooms, the premier tennis venue and resort-style pool.
Miramont embodies southern hospitality and is dedicated to providing impeccable hospitality to its members, residents and guests.
Club Facts and Figures
- Members: 380
- Initiation fee: – Golf: $50,000
- Employees: 160 to 180
- Member Average Age: 58; Average age of a joining member is 45
Additional Club facts and figures will be shared with candidates selected for interviews.
Club Vision Statement
We create a home-away-from-home by maintaining a culture of integrity, excellence, gratitude and respect.
Club Mission Statement
We are committed to being an extraordinary, family-focused Club that consistently provides genuine hospitality, memorable events and superior facilities.
Club Core Values
These values apply to members, guests and team, preserving Miramont’s culture of integrity, excellence, gratitude and mutual respect:
- Family-focused: We treat each other, Members and guests as family.
- Affirmative environment: We strive to make the answer “YES.”
- Welcoming: We communicate first, displaying authentic hospitality.
- Commitment to growth: We continually evolve ourselves and our Club.
- Professionalism: We are professional in everything we do.
- Ownership: We take ownership of our actions.
- Safety: We are committed to safety.
The General Manager Position
The General Manager reports to, and interfaces with a single owner on a regular basis to establish and implement programs, policies and procedures in accordance with the Club’s bylaws. There is no board or committees involved in the decision making process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all club operations, including preparation of the annual operating plan and budget, as well as building and leading the management team and all staff to achieve the desired results.
The General Manager coordinates all management functions, and works in concert with the ownership to assist in the development of policies, programs and events to meet the Club’s near- and long-term objectives
Overseeing internal and external marketing strategies for membership growth and member engagement is a critical responsibility, as is serving as the lead coordinator of programming. The General Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining synergy among all departments. He/she will set the tone for consistently delivering first-class hospitality and will communicate this expectation to the entire team.
The ideal candidate will be a capable leader with a strong presence who will maintain high visibility with the membership and staff.
Important Individual Characteristics
- A genuine and enthusiastic personality with a passion for the club management profession.
- A natural leadership style which promotes staff and membership engagement.
- Ability to act as a thought partner with the ownership and department heads.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Disciplined follow-through to ensure the vision and goals of the Club come to fruition.
- Ability to cultivate a high-level of member services and satisfaction.
- A strong understanding of top-notch golf operations, tournaments and events that lead to an elevated experience for members and guests.
- Industry knowledge and creativity to elevate our food & beverage experiences.
- Effective fiscal management through delivery of actual operational and capital results in alignment with approved budgets.
- The desire to maintain high visibility among members and staff as the face of the Club.
- Strength in communicating through digital tools, including the website and social media to correspond with the staff and membership.
- Ability to develop a world-class team with a shared vision.
- Director of Membership & Communications
- Director of Golf
- Golf Course Superintendent
- Director of Fitness
- Director of Racquet Sports & Basketball
- Director of Maintenance and Facilities
- Clubhouse Manager
- Executive Chef
- Director of Catering
- Business Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive leadership and management experience within luxury hotels, resorts, private clubs or hospitality leisure environments. Along with seasoned professionals, current rising stars at well-recognized organizations, with verifiable records of achievement, will also be considered.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business is preferred but not required.
Note: A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications, education and experience. The Club offers an excellent bonus and benefits package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Friday, July 1, 2022.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Miramont GM Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Miramont GM Resume”) respectively to: email@example.com. Please e-mail resume with references.
For more information about Miramont Country Club, please visit www.miramont.cc/