La Crosse Country Club
Located in Onalaska, Wisconsin, La Crosse Country Club offers country club services and programs to members in the Western Wisconsin area.
The centerpiece of this family-centric facility is the 7,181-yard Arthur Hill-designed golf course occupying two separate valleys among the rolling hills of Emerald Valley, along with a spacious practice facility. Beyond golf, members can choose from a variety of other activities to entertain the entire family. The tennis center features five courts, including a stadium option with Nova ProBounce and Pickleball is also available. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, members and their families take advantage of fun in the sun at the Club’s main pool and family pool. When it is time for a meal, members have four options including the Main dining room, Grill room, Mulligan’s bar and at the Cabana bar and patio.
The Club does a robust event business and is known as a premier wedding venue available to members and non-members year-round. The elegant facility, which features both indoor and outdoor space, is available to host up to 250 guests and the experienced professional staff has a reputation for taking care of every detail.
La Crosse Country Club has partnered with Club Corp to provide privileges at hundreds of private golf and country clubs, fine dining clubs, resorts, and entertainment venues along with a concierge benefit to assist members with their arrangements.
- Members – 436
- Initiation Fee – $5,000
- Annual Dues – $7,015
- Gross Volume – $4.2 million
- Total Annual Dues – $2 million
- F&B Volume – $1.2 million
- Gross Payroll – $1.9 million
- Employees – 104
- Board Members – 9
- Average age of members – 36
The General Manager/Chief Operating Officer Position
The General Manager/Chief Operating Officer (GM/COO) manages all aspects of the club including its activities and the relationships between the club and its Board of Directors, members, guests, employees, community, government and industry. The GM/COO coordinates and administers the club’s policies as defined by its Board of Directors, develops operating policies, procedures and directs the work of all department managers. Additional duties include the implementation and monitoring of the budget, the Club’s products and services and maximization of member and guest satisfaction. The GM/COO must also secure and protect the club’s assets, including all facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate the development and execution of the club’s long-range and annual business plans to achieve the club’s mission.
- Prepare comprehensive operating plans and budgets, obtain approval from the board, and operate in accordance with approved budgets.
- Maintain a long-term capital budget to assure the sustained material condition of all physical assets of the club.
- Plan, develop and approve specific operational policies, programs, procedures, methods, rules and regulations in concert with board-approved policies.
- Direct the recruitment and training of all staff.
- Establish employee rules and regulations, work schedules, internal controls, and a performance appraisal system.
- Assure that the highest standards are set and achieved in providing member service and satisfaction.
- Operate the club in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and other governmental agencies that have oversight of various club assets and operations.
- Provide the board and committees with relevant information on trends and developments in the club/residential community business.
- Work with board-established committees to ensure they are well-supported and operate in accordance with approved policies and directives.
- Oversee security, risk management, and health and safety programs to implement and manage measures put in place to protect members, employees, staff, and club physical assets.
- Maintain clear, consistent dialogue with the board to keep them apprised of club operations, member satisfaction, and financial performance.
- Provide a comprehensive communications program that keeps all appropriate constituencies informed on relevant matters.
- Interact with local community leaders and organizations.
- Perform other duties and functions the board may direct that are consistent with this job description.
- Director of Events
- Golf Course Superintendent
- Head Golf Professional
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Executive Assistant
Required Core Leadership Abilities:
- Define a simple and understandable vision of success for the management team.
- See the big picture, take stock, identify problems/needs, and conceptualize solutions/strategies.
- Focus on the essentials, attend to detail, and follow through on decisions.
- Create a sense of followership among subordinates.
- Attract and develop a strong and supportive management team capable of ensuring a smooth transfer of responsibility when tasks are delegated.
- Demonstrate a strong member satisfaction ethic and to interact with the membership in a frequent and friendly manner.
- Articulate the highest performance and ethical standards, demand compliance, and move swiftly and positively when corrective action is warranted.
- Manage day-to-day pressures and maintain a healthy and positive culture.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a private club, hospitality, and leisure environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Hospitality Management or Business preferred.
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) or in active pursuit of designation preferred.
Note: A pre-employment background check will be required.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, La Crosse GM/COO Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, La Crosse GM/COO Resume”) respectively to: email@example.com. Please e-mail resume with references.
Lead Search Executive
For more information about La Crosse Country Club, please visit www.lacrossecountryclub.com.