Director of Amenity Services
Savannah Lakes Village
McCormick, South Carolina
The Community & Club
The community is located approximately 35 minutes north of the Augusta, GA metro area, and includes 25 miles of shoreline along the 71,000 acre Lake Thurmond. The organization presently employs 125 team members and is one of the largest employers/economic development drivers in the semi-rural region of McCormick County in western South Carolina. Infrastructure, homesites and amenity development began in late 1980’s as a large-scale master planned community by Cooper Communities. 4,956 homesites were developed with all horizontal infrastructure and sold between 1989 and 2000. In 2000, the community and all amenities were transferred to the Savannah Lakes Village Property Owners Association.
The community has successfully transitioned over the last two decades from developer-owned to a member-owned common equity community with a strong emphasis on continuously improving/elevating club amenities and services, real estate development and adding to the value proposition of the local destination that is Savannah Lakes Village/Freshwater Coast Region. All property owners are full members of all the clubs and the amenities that are owned and managed by Savannah Lakes Village. These amenities include a 23,000 sq. ft. recreation center (indoor and outdoor pools, Har Tru tennis courts, pickleball courts, bowling alley, fitness room, and more), two 18 hole golf courses, two clubhouses and an extensive private and community dock program (all docks are owned and maintained by SLV). The community presently has 1.400 completed homes and a resident population of approximately 2,900.
To learn more about Savannah Lakes Village, visit: www.savannahlakes.com.
Savannah Lakes Village Overview:
- 1,400 households and growing
- Annual assessment ($1,715) for all property owners – one class of membership,
- $7.3 in Total Revenues
- Revenue and capital generation model in place, allowing community to reinvest with residential growth.
- $820K F&B Volume with significant readily available opportunities to expand
- $3M Gross Payroll
- 125 Employees
- Healthy balance sheet
- Average age of members is 63
The Director of Amenity Services Position
Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the food service/social, golf service and recreation programs of the SLV POA, ensuring the overall objectives, policies, programs and fiscal practices of the SLV POA are implemented, administered and maintained. Responsible for the promotion of the food service, golf and recreation-social programs with a strong focus on hospitality, friendliness and goodwill among all Members and guests.
The Director of Amenity Services reports directly to, and receives general support from, the Chief Operating Officer but should maintain a close cooperative relationship with other officials of the SLV POA, including:
Serves as an ex-officio non-voting member of those committees assigned helping to coordinate the efforts of the committees toward achieving the responsibilities outlined in Committee Guidelines established by the Board. Rendering advice, opinions, assistance and services as required. Reporting to and keeping informed the Chief Operating Officer on the activities, concerns and other matters of interest relating to the committees. If requested by the Chief Operating Officer, attend meetings of other committees.
The Director of Amenity Services serves as an ex-officio non-voting member of the following committees:
- Events, Social and Recreation Committee
- Golf Committee
- Tennis/Pickleball Committee
Work closely with all members of the Management Team in developing and meeting overall goals and objectives of the SLV POA. Attend all Management Team meetings and keep other team members informed in a timely manner on matters of interest through regularly scheduled meetings of all team members under direct leadership. Responsible for assisting in developing and leading guidelines established for all members of the Management Team concerning facilities/equipment inspection, support and reporting, administration, human resources, safety and health, etc.
- Supervise and direct the effective operation of the food service programs, assuring a high standard of appearance, graciousness and service with the highest focus on member satisfaction.
- Responsible for providing leadership for the overall initiating, planning, development, execution and evaluation of various activities and programs that will enhance the food service program and increase Member participation. These programs should build enthusiasm within the membership for food service participation.
- Manage and coordinate food production for all food service outlets. Responsible for food quality and customer satisfaction while operating under budget and regulatory controls. Also responsible for menu development, inventory control, ordering/purchasing, food and labor cost controls, and staff training.
- Assist as needed with the various food service activities for the Members, clubs and organizations of the SLV POA, seeking opportunities to build community life and spirit.
- Develop promotional activities and work with the Food Service Manager and Director of Marketing to implement an effective marketing program for the total food service program, facilities and services, including the use by Members and their guests and to outside groups and individuals within guidelines established by the Board.
Golf Shops and Golf Related Activities:
- Responsible for providing leadership for the overall planning, development, execution and evaluation of the various golf events, activities and programs that will enhance the golf program and increase Member participation. These programs should build enthusiasm within the membership for golf participation.
- Supervise play on the golf courses and the use of related facilities. Be responsible for overall scheduling of the courses to assure Members, guests, tournament functions and other activities to build a strong golf program so that maximum enjoyment of the golf program is achieved, providing equal and fair play by all Members and guests.
- Supervise the operation of the golf shops, practice ranges and other related functions assuring they are open at reasonable hours and scheduling adequate staff as reasonably required to provide effective and efficient service within budget limitations.
- Supervise the rental, use and maintenance of all golf carts operated by the SLV POA, assuring that the carts are cleaned, maintained and adequately serviced to assure the maximum enjoyment by the Members and guests and that the interest of the SLV POA is protected.
- Supervise and assist as needed with the various golf and related social activities for Members, clubs and organizations of the SLV POA, seeking opportunities to build community life and spirit.
- Provide support and leadership of the golf merchandise program to include purchasing, displaying and selling golf merchandise with the obligation of maintaining an inventory quality comparable to that of other golf shops serving private golf courses.
- Responsible for providing leadership for the initiating, planning, development, execution and evaluation of the various recreation and social events, activities and programs at the Recreation Center that will enhance the recreation-social program and increase Member participation. These programs should build enthusiasm within the membership for recreation-social participation.
- Supervise the operation of the Recreation Center and related facilities assuring they are open at reasonable hours as determined by the Chief Operating Officer and scheduling adequate staff as reasonably required to provide effective and efficient service within budget limitations.
- Supervise and assist as needed with the various recreation-social activities held at the Recreation Center for the Members, clubs and organizations of the SLV POA, seeking opportunities to build community life and spirit.
- Supervise as needed the various recreation-social activities held at the Recreation Center for outside individuals and groups desiring to use the recreation-social facilities of the SLV POA.
- Develop promotional activities and work with the Recreation Center Manager to implement an effective marketing program for the total recreation-social program, facilities and services, including the use by Members and their guests and to outside groups and individuals within guidelines established by the Board.
- Food and Beverage Service Manager
- Head Golf Professional
- Recreation Center Manager
- Recreation Center Maintenance Manager
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and management experience in a private club, hospitality, and leisure environment.
- Must have the ability, skills and sufficient educational background, normally a Bachelor’s in a related field, and/or actual experience to administer the entire food services program, golf services program and recreation program.
- Requires advanced knowledge in food preparation, bar operations, service, planning and F&B business management.
- Requires knowledge in merchandising and golf shop operations.
- Requires knowledge of recreation facility and outdoor recreation operations, including fitness center, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis/pickleball courts, bowling alleys, multipurpose room operations and numerous outdoor recreation activities.
Note: A pre-employment background check will be required.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers a competitive bonus and benefit package.
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit résumés along with a detailed cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Friday, February 4, 2022.
Documents must be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Savannah Lakes DOA Cover Letter” and “Last Name, First Name, Savannah Lakes DOA Resume”) respectively to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email résumé with references.
Lead Search Executive