General Manager / Chief Operating Officer
The Nest Golf Club
“A natural sanctuary that is an ideal backdrop for exceptional golf and dining.”
The Nest is a highly desirable golf-centric and social club located along the Naples/Bonita Springs coastline. The Club features two extraordinary 18-hole Tom Fazio courses, considered by Golf Digest as the top choice to play in Southwest Florida. Both courses have a reputation for being playable virtually every day of the year, although there is a lively debate as to which course is the favorite.
The Nest is a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, where you will play through incredible Florida landscapes featuring wetland marshes, live oaks, and mangrove thickets. You are likely to see a bald eagle or even spot a pod of dolphins on your way to our renowned finishing holes of the Hurricane course. Considered among the most compelling and visually stunning courses in the region, every challenging hole here inspires frequent deep breaths on courses that take full advantage of natural water hazards, lush landscapes, and tree-lined fairways generously buffering the outside world.
This is also a Club where exceptional golf does not always have to be played seriously. Members of all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged by a culture defined by competitive yet incredibly friendly play. The Membership is especially proud of its sizable group of active men and women golfers, as well as couples and organized group play.
The private club experience was further enhanced by the newly renovated, multi-million-dollar clubhouse completed in June 2020 offering activities for every interest, from bridge to mah-jongg, book clubs, to Tuesday Talks, and casual conversation.
ABOUT THE CLUB
- Member-owned private equity golf club
- 36-hole, championship courses designed by Tom Fazio
- Total members: 700+
- Gross revenue: $12.9M
- Annual dues revenue: $7.7M
- Annual F&B revenue: $2.6M
- Annual rounds of golf: 66,000
- Full-time equivalent employees: 90
- Seasonal employees: 40
The Nest General Manager/COO is responsible for leading and inspiring the entire team to consistently provide Members with the best all-around golf club and hospitality experience possible. This position oversees all operational functions of the Club including but not limited to: Accounting, Communications, Guest Services, Events, Golf Course Management, Food and Beverage, the Golf Shop, Administration, and Housekeeping.
In each of these realms, meeting expectations means Member’s needs are proactively anticipated and delivered upon before they are ever verbalized. The General Manager/COO should set an expectation of excellence in every regard from the largest of visions to the smallest detail. This individual should exemplify each of The Nest’s core values in every interaction with Members, guests, and The Nest team.
It is essential that General Manager/COO be able to communicate, build relationships with and ensure common goals and objectives are met with the staff, Members, and Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the success of all operational functions of The Nest and the personnel within each realm. This means delivering service excellence to Members and guests while also fostering a collaborative culture internally where employees are driven and motivated to be the absolute best.
- Demonstrates a deep knowledge of the game of golf and what makes not only an exceptional golf experience but an extraordinary experience for the Members and translates that knowledge into action to ensure The Nest Golf Club is consistently striving to be the best.
- Responsible for understanding the vision of the Board of Directors and Membership and implements the strategic initiatives identified by the board. Ensure The Nest team is challenged to execute and report on strategic initiatives.
- Creates, manages, and executes multi-year plans to ensure The Nest continues to innovate and lead in best practices all while maintaining the culture and feel Members love. This includes bringing imaginative ideas to the Executive Committee and being able to, once approved, communicate, and execute those ideas at every level.
- Communicates consistently with the Board, Committee Chairs, and entire Nest team to ensure priorities are understood and common goals and objectives are being worked toward and accomplished.
- Responsible for building deep and meaningful relationships with Members and team members to ensure the wants and needs of all constituencies are heard, understood, and acted upon when needed. The General Manager/COO should have outstanding relationships and consistent communication with his/her direct reports as well as the Club President and Board of Directors
- Responsible for overseeing the annual budgeting process and collaborating consistently with the Chief Financial Officer and Chair of the Finance Committee to ensure the vision of the Board of Directors can be executed in a manner that guarantees the long-term profitability of the Club.
- Responsible for continually developing The Nest team to ensure they are learning, growing, and advancing their careers.
- Responsible for overall Member satisfaction with the Club and that any issues, whether it be between two Members, between a Member and The Nest team, or between two team members, are addressed head on in a professional and productive manner.
- Ensures the clubhouse and facilities are maintained to the highest standard and are always show-room quality.
- Demonstrates and delivers the highest quality of service and appearance in all areas of including, but not limited to, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, Facility and Ground Maintenance, Club Operations, and Club Events.
- Leads with a humble heart of service while also knowing when confidence is needed. The General Manager/COO must be able to lean into tough situations, when needed, all while keeping the composure of a confident leader with the broader team.
- Ensures each member of the team is exemplifying the mission daily, and takes swift action when expectations are not met.
- Leads the Marketing & Communications efforts to ensure The Nest’s staff is effectively connecting with its members, keeping them fully informed and The Nest is consistently receiving positive media coverage and remains relevant in the public eye as one of the top golf clubs in Southwest Florida.
- Networks continually within the golf industry to consistently bring in innovative ideas, best practices, and latest trends all while keeping the level of class and elegance expected at The Nest. This individual should also bring an extensive network based on their previous job experience.
- Relies upon a plethora of exceptional job experience to deliver the best possible product to Members and to lead and inspire The Nest’s team to execute on the vision and mission of the Club.
- Remains continuously apprised of legal and legislative actions and trends and works with the Board of Directors to respond appropriately when needed.
- Represents The Nest both on and off property including related association boards, committees, and charitable activities. The General Manager/COO should live out The Nest’s values while constantly showing poise and tact in understanding they represent the Club anytime they are in public.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large team and consistently exceed extremely lofty expectations all while maintaining great relationships both internally within the team, with The Nest Membership, with the President and with the Board of Directors.
- This individual must be able to independently establish priorities and meet deadlines for various groups at the same time all while maintaining an expectation of excellence from every department. Must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment, with proven ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- have an elevated level of interpersonal skills to continually develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders and the community. Position continually requires poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate in a positive, professional manner with individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Must have strong skills in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Must have a positive, engaging, and helpful attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a consistent quality in work output and take the initiative to follow through to completion all while communicating with every level of the organization.
- College degree and CMAA certification required.
- 5 years as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager at a premier golf club.
The position reports to the Board of Directors through the Club President. Direct Reports to the General Manager include, the Director of Golf, Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Director, Director of Agronomy, Membership Director, Controller, and Administrative Staff.
The Nest Golf Club will offer an extremely attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity and benefits.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
Interested candidates should complete the application and submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter by March 25, 2024. The documents must be saved as a PDF (save as “Last Name, First Name, The Nest Golf Club).
Lead Search Consultants:
F0r more information about the Club please visit: https://www.nestgolf.com/